Sunday, November 14, 2010

Crinkle Ribbons

I did a little experiment the other day. I had seen on the internet that you can make your own crinkle ribbon with seam binding! I had a few old pkgs. in my stash (original price, 19 cents)! You wet it, scrunch it up, dry it, scrunch it again, and there you have it, easy peasy, crinkled ribbon! I"m sure this will make gorgeous flowers.
Even when you stretch it out it still holds its crinkles..I"m pretty sure every thrift store around has old seam binding that somebody did not know what to do with! As they say, "One mans trash, is another mans (womens) treasure!


4 comments:

  1. 'Already looks like hydrangeas to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually discovered this the hard way a few months ago when I was making some mini fiber art pieces and had to clean up some of my rayon seam binding, LOL. Never did even try to iron it because it looked so good scrunched up! Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip. I just had some black and tried it. worked great. Now I will be on the hunt for it at the flea markets.

    Hugs

    FredaB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever girl! What WILL you come up with next?

    ReplyDelete